Friday, June 8, 2007

Tired, exhausted, sleepy...

Work has been hectic. I think I must sound like a broken record to many of friends when I tell them how busy and crazy work is and how much time I'm putting in. And there are no sick days.

I could have taken one yesterday, that's for sure. I was talking with my friend Jordan today and he was saying how much it sucks that when you're not feeling well, you can' t just take the day off when you're self-employed. Well, you can. It just means that the work doesn't get done and you're probably worse off than before in having to catch up! I was in complete agreement with his observation. Then I said, "I guess we've made our choice, though." And I have made the choice.

I like the flexibility. I like the variety of the work. I like being involved in my livelihood. But, this week HAS been nuts. I think I've had about 3-4 hours sleep on average for the past 5 nights. And I don't even have children!

I'm tired. I'm exhausted. I'm sleepy. But, I like what I do. It's exciting. It's stressful. But, it's rewarding.

Well, back to work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day we'll be wealthy enough to have minions like, oh I don't know, Keela and Andrea to do our bidding!

Sam Kirk said...

tee hee... dare to dream, my friend. dare to dream!

Unknown said...

you guys are too funny.

Actually, no you're not. you're 100% correct!! Keela and i have big plans. BIG plans.

Anonymous said...

Now I'm worried that Sam and I will be the minions!