Monday, December 24, 2007

Best fime of year

I really enjoy this time of year. I don't have any awful baggage that clings to me when I think of Christmas. I feel like that frees me up to just rest and enjoy my family. Unfortunately, I don't have my sis and bro-in-law around this time. I'm going to miss out on doing the sibling tradition of the first one awake jumping on top of the other in the midst of dead sleep and yelling, "It's Christmas! It's Christmas!" I've been reigning champion for about 10 years now. The look on my sister's face is the best payoff.

I do have two extra guests with me this year. My friend Judith has left her dogs with me for a week while she visits family overseas. They're a handful, but I'm enjoying having them around. No crazy dog-soiling-bedding stories so far and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We can share soiling stories soon enough.

Also, the "frees me up" was something i discovered last year. Choosing to view Christmas as a special day but just a day all the same. I've never appreciated Christmas more! No baggage here either. Just family and friends. Sorry you missed Jen though. Christmas just isn't Christmas without sisters.