Thursday, April 12, 2007

Strep Throat, 4 OT's and almost no sleep

Well, that's not to say that I haven't slept at all. I have. Just not last night and my throat feels like it's closing up on itself and it's like being constantly stabbed with knives... Strep Throat sucks!

And I could feel myself getting tired last night, but those damn Canucks took me through 4 Overtime periods before they finally won Game 1 over Dallas. I just couldn't go to bed! Then when I did get to bed, I kept waking up every two hours or so and I just gave up around 4:30 and read a book. Then I went back to sleep at about 6:00 and I just now got up.

I could see these flu-like symptoms coming toward me all day Monday. It was like being on the coast and watching a massive fog bank come rolling in toward shore and there was nothing I could do about it.

So, I'm on some 'bionics' (as my friend Scott calls antibiotics) and Tylenol 3's and some throat-numbing green liquid that I gargle. I'm hoping the bionics kick in some time today and this throat doesn't hurt as much. I'm really hungry but I can barely swallow.

I don't mean to sound all whiny. I'm just a typical guy when he's sick: Someone help me... I'm so helpless... LOL!!!!

No, but seriously. Chicken soup anyone? My address is...

No comments: