Thursday, May 3, 2007

Canucks do NOT rule...

Damn sports and the hype and the emotion that I get when the home team gets into the post-season.

Honestly, I'm not too sad as it really seemed inevitable with all the injuries we had over the last 12 games. Ah well. Next year! Next year, we have the best goalie in hockey and some great defensemen... now we just need some scoring!

*****
Yesterday, I had to go to downtown Vancouver to work at a BlueCasting installation. I parked on this street, plugged the meter and then went into the location. Well, I was there a lot longer than I thought I would be and I was a tad concerned about not having put enough coins into the meter. If you've ever parked in the downtown core, you know that my concerns are not unfounded! Vancouver's meter maids are only just below the level of evilness that is attributed to the Langley City Parking Nazi.

So, I come around this building carrying a full computer (which made me look like I had stolen it from somewhere... but really, I own it) in my arms and I notice that the once-full curb is now virtually empty of parked cars... except for mine and two others. I suddenly realized that it was after 3pm on a rather busy arterial road... a parking ticket could be the least of my worries.

Sure enough, there's a tow truck just behind my car and I started to run down the street... with a computer in my arms...

The tow truck was for the car behind mine. Let me tell you, I have never moved out of a parking space so quickly in my life. That Buster's Towing are merciless and I didn't exactly feel like hiking all over hell's half-acre looking for the impound lot.

I dodged a bullet.

*****
Good friends are amazing. I have many and I have to remember how rich that makes me when the pressures of life feel like they're going to overwhelm me.

I don't have to take on this life all by myself. But, I forget that when I've lived pretty self-sufficiently for most of my life. I have some excellent friends.

No comments: