Monday, May 7, 2007

Ever feel a little overwhelmed?

I do. There are times when the amount of things going on just seems to overtake you and there's hardly anything you can do.

I'm kind of feeling that way right now. I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I DO have to run toward it because to stay in this place of confusion and unrest will undoubtedly prove to be too much.

But, like I said in my last post, I have good friends and I'm learning -- slowly -- that I can lean on them and I don't have to do this all on my own.

*****
I'm really, really loving St. John's Shaughnessy. I love the liturgy. I love the solemness. I love the teaching. I love the friends I attend with. And I quite enjoyed the food at the newcomer's lunch yesterday. The church is a lot more formal than I've ever been used to, but I'm finding it is the very thing I need right now.

1 comment:

Tex said...

I have found that in the midst of being in the midst of stuff, there is nothing that I crave more than some good old fashion, formal liturgical church. There is rest in it. There is power in it. There is something very majestic in it, and it makes me remember that God is Very Big. And often I need to remember that most of all...