Sunday, May 27, 2007

Snappy Dressing, The Basics Pt. 1 - The Hat

For my birthday, my very good friend Judith gave me an excellent book called How To Dress for Every Occasion, by the Pope.

I have to say that my snappy dressing skills have increased in exponential amounts thanks to the simple, yet effective, tips from the Pope. Over the next while, I will endeavor to share some of these tips with you.

*****
THE BASICS

Ok, now you're saying, "I'm ready, the Pope! Tell me everything!!!" Well, hold on!! You just can't wake up one morning and be a better dresser for every occasion. A journey begins with a million steps, and the first step is the step I like to call "The Basics." In this chapter we'll learn all the Basics of dressing so we can know what we're talking about!!! (In the other chapters.)

Number One: The Hat

First off, get a big hat as shown. (ed - sorry, i haven't scanned the illustrations, but the pic is your classic pointy Pope.) If you're going to dress well from head to toe, WHY NOT START WITH THE HEAD??? A big hat on your head says to everybody, "Guess who's in charge?" I'll give you a hint: It's you if you're wearing an impressive hat. Hats come in all sorts of shapes, but this shape is best. Hats keep you hot in winter and shady during the summer due to the unique fabric. I get my hats personally from a catalog but don't be shy -- shop around!!!

*****
You see, this is some good stuff. I'll share more in the future.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!! "the hat". this slays me!
"Hats come in all sorts of shapes, but this shape is the best"

we should have a reading!! it would have been a good addition to our porch-sitting session. Judith is brilliant!!

Sam Kirk said...

I love the rhetorical question of who's in charge! You if you're wearing an impressive hat!

yes, a reading would be brilliant. I think i would have to scan all the pics and have a projector so it's an illustrated talk!

However, reading on the porch will also be good. Small group, lots of laughs, a few more glasses of wine and some Cloves.