Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My local coffee shop needs new ventilation systems

I don't know how many of you have had the new hot breakfast items from a certain coffee shop from an un-named city in the Northwest of the United States. They're really very tasty. Essentially, they are gourmet egg muffin sandwhiches with names like "Peppered Bacon, Egg and Aged Cheddar" and "Eggs Florentine with Baby Spinach and Havarti." Delicious! However...

I was just in the store across the street from my apartment to have a coffee and to read The E-Myth (an amazing book that makes me feel like the author just observed my last few years of running a business... but enough on that subject today). I came to a realization that I'm not enjoying the in-store Northwest Coffee Chain experience as much as I used to. And it's because of the hot breakfast items.

I used to come to the stores to enjoy the smell of the coffee beans freshly ground and espresso freshly pressed. Now, all I smell is the breakfast items... no matter what time of the day it is. Perhaps the company could vent the ovens outside. All I know is that it's impacting my in-store experience and that's pretty much the entire reason we all go and buy our coffee from them.
______________

My parents are in Mexico right now with some friends. Let me just check off the traveling they have done this year: Christmas in Edmonton... check. Numerous trips to Kelowna... check. Switzerland for a month in August... check. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico at a luxury resort... check, dammit!!!

Take a look at the view from the house they're living in. Absolutely sick. Have I mentioned the shitty weather we've been having??? I hate my parents this week.

No comments: