Monday, December 3, 2007

Oh, how I love the weather here!



It was so nice and peaceful this weekend sitting on my couch and watching the snow fall. Until last night, that is. That's when the rain rolled in and turned it all to the grossest slush that can only be described as slurry. It was disgusting.

The snow is mostly gone now thanks to the rain. But it did leave one lasting impression with me this morning.

I was on my way to meet Will at Starbucks across the street from me and I was finding it hard to get off the sidewalk without stepping into some snow. My right foot got a little wet, but I quickly jumped out of the slush.

I then crossed the street and realized that I was going to have the same problem all over again! How was I to get onto the sidewalk without stepping into the melting snow? What was that I saw? Oh, it was the entrance to the parking lot! There's no snow there! Oh wait... there may have been no snow, but there was a 3 ft. deep lake erm... puddle. Hmmm... must find another way.

No other way presented itself so I stepped into the snow... and right into another 3 ft. deep puddle beneath the snow. As my sister would say, "Good times."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Slurry? HAHA. Nice. I've decided to call it slyme.
Nice to see you blogging again Mr. Kirk!!